March 6, 2009

Beyond Basic Borders

I kinda lifted this one from a card Melissa Phillips did. I hope she doesn't mind but I really liked her card and I just happened to have that pp from Melissa Frances.

I used stampers select white and sweet blush cs, lavendar moon and Color Box Celadon ink. I found that the Celadon goes very well with aqua mist. I'm not crazy about the aqua mist ink. Anyway I did a little zigzag stitch, added some white buttons from my stash and tied them with some coordinating floss. I'd like to get the floss in all the PTI colors. I'm about half way there. I used the scallop and plain circle nestabilities, added a little pearl to the center of the flower and aqua mist twill ribbon. I love how you can keep going and going this that leave border.

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I love Melissa's work too...very inspiring. Can't wait to see picture of your storage...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny, I bought some floss today, too, and it didn't occur to me to get floss in PTI colors! Your buttons look great!!

    ReplyDelete