March 3, 2009

Damask Design

I made this card for my mother for her birthday. The photo didn't come out as well as I'd hoped.

I used PTI Damask Design, which is one of my new favs. The damask is embossed with glitter. It doesn't show up very well in the photo but very pretty IRL. I used PTI Spring Moss, Vintage Cream and Melon Berry cardstock, Spring Moss ink for the birthday wishes and for the subtle damask behind it I inked up with Melon Berry and stamped most of the ink off then added new canvas ink to get the right hue. I used the Labels 2 nestabilites and embossed the edges then added some pearls to the corners and dimensionals to the back. I also added some spring moss ribbon.

I like to use Scotch brand pop-up foam squares in the 1/8 inch size. It doesn't make to card to stiff when using them.

Stop back tomorrow, I'll have another PTI card posted.

4 comments:

  1. Those colors are great together! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, so elegant. I just love Damask Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! I love glitter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! this is gorgeous!! I need to try the glitter!!

    ReplyDelete