April 29, 2009

With deepest sympathy

I love how the feather gives this birdie some character. Thanks to Melissa Phillips for the idea.


This embossing folder from Cuttlebug really ties everything together. I've really been playing out of my comfort zone lately when it comes to putting colors together. I've always had to have everything match or coordinate, but thanks to some of the ladies on the PTI design team I'm stepping out of the box.

For this card I used hibiscus burst, lemon tart, ripe avocado and aqua mist. I did have to match the feather with one of the colors and choose hibiscus burst.

Supplies
Stamps: PTI 2nd anniversary set, Polka Dot Basics
Ink: true black
Paper: hibiscus burst, lemon tart, ripe avocado, aqua mist
Other: feather from stash, Cuttlebug embossing folder, Nnestabilities scallopped circle die
Finished Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"

No comments:

Post a Comment