June 11, 2009

Father's Day cards

I missed a day, I was supposed to post pics of the father's day cards for my brothers in law and I got busy and forgot - forgive me. So here they are.



You know it's just hard for me to create a masculine card so I kept these very simply. The one on the left is done in soft stone & smokey shadow and the one on the right is done in vintage cream & chocolate brown. It's funny to see how the two photograph differently. The brown one seems to pop more than the gray one.

For both I used the Cuttlebugs houndstooth embossing folder for the bottom and for the top I embossed a nesties straight circle and stamped an image from Simply Stationary. I used my computer to create the Happy Father's Day and used a circle punch to cut them out and foam pop ups. Then to finish them off I used some coordinating ribbon with some ribbon slides I had in my stash.

Thank You for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. These are both so elegant and sophisticated and still masculine. I love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are cool, very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, have the hardest time with masculine cards. I'm working on my dad's father's day card right now & have no idea yet for my husband. These are great for guys. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete