September 8, 2009

thanks so much

You may remember a card that looked similar to this that I entered in the August GSS. I just loved the layout and look of the card and decided to make a few more using that same layout.



For this card I used berry sorbet as the accent color. I stamped the large fancy flourish in fresh snow onto a kraft card base and inked up around all the edges. Then I cut a piece of bitty dots paper, scalloped the bottom and sewed a straight and zigzag stitch at the top and adhered it to bottom on the card after I inked up all the edges. For the focal image, the top layer is some lace that I gathered to resemble a flower and attached a button in the center. The second layer is a piece of In Bloom paper cut in a circle. For the third layer I stamped background basics text style on white cardstock and cut it out using my nesties scalloped circle. For the sentiment, I just cut a "V" at the end of a piece of white cardstock and stamped the sentiment from the mega mixed messages set in berry sorbet.

After making a few lace flowers to have in my stash, this card came together rather quickly. Stop back tomorrow when I will show you another take on this came layout. Thanks for popping in!

1 comment:

  1. This is really gorgeous! I love the idea of the lace flower- I've been thinking I'd have to revisit my crochet skills, but I think I'll give this a shot instead!

    ReplyDelete