February 22, 2010

Swatch Book

Last year some time, Lisa Johnson did a tutorial on making a swatch book using all of the PTI colored cardstock.  This is my take on her idea.  I had purchased a package of square chipboard a while back and thought this would be the perfect size for a swatch book.  It's small enough to fit in your purse.


First thing I did was to take two pieces of the chipboard and add some patterned paper to the front and back cover.  Using the Fresh Alphabet stamp set I stamped the letters for swatch book on different colored cardstock and used a 3/4" circle punch to punch out the letters.


Then I used a square nestabilities to cut out all of the colors of cardstock I had.  By the way the chipboard measures 3 1/2" square.  I used a slightly smaller nesties for the cardstock.  All the cardstock measures 3" square. 


 After cutting all the colors, I used an address label and typed out all the color names using my computer.  After printing them out I used an image from Guidelines Two set to stamp the coordinating ink color next to the name.

To assemble the little book I just punched  holes in the top left corner and used an old shower curtain ring to attach in all.  This little book comes in handy when I'm out shopping and am looking to find different elements to coorinate with my cardstock colors. 

Thanks for stopping by
Hugs
Lisa

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Awesome job. I love that, I am going to have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a GREAT idea! I need to do something like this!

    ReplyDelete