May 19, 2010

How about a little masculine

Card that is.  I have alot of men in my life (family) and I'm always struggling with making birthday cards for them.  Here is one I made the other day which came to get rather quickly I might add.

 I picked up this patterned paper the other day at my LSS, I thought it would look good on a manly card.  I attached it to a kraft card base and cut out all the corners using a punch (sorry no sure what the name of the punch is).  I embossing some smokey shadow cardstock using a Cuttlebug embossing folder.


For the focal image I used the Nesties Label One die and the Vintage Labels set stamped in Versa Magic's sahara sand ink.  The sentiment is from Damask Designs stamped in smokey shadow. 

Well that's one manly card done and lots more to go so I better get crackin. 

Hugs
Lisa

6 comments:

  1. Lisa, Great colors and design. You are creating some wonderful cards this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Lisa, I really LOVE that background!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card. Love the PP background and it is so perfect for a masculine card. Love how you used Vintage Labels and your sentiment. So classy looking. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this, very sophisticated and definitely masculine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to call it gorgeous, but that doesn't sound masculine enough. So I'll call it handsome ;) I love that it feels soft, but isn't dainty (I don't know if that makes sense LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous card! I love the patten paper you have on it! The colors are just right for a masculine type card. I'd say it is elegant in a manly way.

    ReplyDelete