July 23, 2010

A much overdue project

I know it's been awhile since I've posted a project.  As I explained in my last post, I was pretty busy taken care of the old folk.  Things are getting back to semi normal around here.  Mom goes on Tuesday to get her hand checked, hopefully she'll be able to get the cast off.  She's still walking with a surgical boot on her left foot.  Dad's cataract surgery went well and he can see much better.  Next month he gets his other eye done.

I finally have a card to share with you.  My sister that lives in Florida sent me up some wonderful cardmaking supplies as a thank you for taking care of mom and dad.  So with some of the paper she sent I made a thank you card to send to her.


The paper is from a pack by Making Memories called 5th Avenue.  I paired it up with some simply chartreuse felt using a flower die by PTI.  I added the pearl in the middle which I had in my stash.  The sentiment is from Communique Curves stamped in smokey shadow.  The card base in also smokey shadow.

It has been unbearably hot here and this weekend will be no better, so I plan to stay in my nice air conditioned craft room and get some much needed crafting done.   I hope to share some of those projected with you soon. 

Hugs
Lisa

2 comments:

  1. Lisa, I am glad to hear that your parents are improving! I can very much relate to the time and toll it takes caring for them. I hope they both continue to rebound well! How nice of your sister to send you the goodies! Your thank you card is so graphic and modern looking--I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet sister you have. I really like the colors and graphics of this card.Hope your parents recover quickly.

    ReplyDelete