August 2, 2010

Birthday and Gift card

Hi everyone!  I have a little birthday card and gift card to share with you today that I made for my sister's birthday.  

  I cased the card from Nichole when she was previewing the Delightful Dahlia stamp set back in March.  I changed just a few things but the layout is the same. The gift card holder is from the My Timeless Templates Cash or Charge Collection.


For the card I used of course the Delightful Dahlia set with coordinating dies.  The flower is stamped in berry sorbet and the leaves are die cut from Pretty Pastels paper pack.  The sentiment is from Damask Designs stamped in berry sorbet onto vintage cream cardstock die cut from the Fillable Frames #4 along with the border from #4 stamped in spring moss.  The background is berry sorbet where I used the picnic plaid impression plate.


Next is the gift card holder.  I used berry sorbet cardstock impressed with picnic plaid.  The green paper is from a Making Memories paper pack.  The base of the holder in vintage cream cardstock and I tied it together with some silk ribbon.


For the slider, I attached an envelope that I made to house the gift card and attached a berry sorbet button.


The gift card fits perfectly inside the envelope.  First I ran the envelope through my Cuttlebug using the swiss dots embossing folder before I attached it to the slider.  I hope my sister likes this as much as I enjoyed making it for her. 

Thanks for stopping by!

Hugs
Lisa

7 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful gift ensemble. I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. I cannot wait to finally get my DD dies ...... great color choice!!1

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! Great colors and I love those polka dotted leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like that you've used the impression plate here.....Mine should be coming soon! Love the pattern leaves too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful combo, Lisa! Berry Sorbet & Spring Moss? Love 'em together, they're so fresh! Your sister is going to be one happy gift getter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job! The colors are wonderful together. I really like how you used the impression plates as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How you come up and choose these colors..I wish to use it in Custom gift card.

    ReplyDelete