October 10, 2010

Mayflower Favor

We host Thanksgiving dinner every year and for the past few years I have been making favors for each place setting.  I had a post a while back on the favors I made for this year that you can see here.  While those are for the adults I thought I should have ones for the kids and this is what I came up with.


I found this idea over at Splitcoast Stampers a while back and thought how cute this would be for the kids at Thanksgiving.  I plan to fill the boats with a bunch of treats.

I wish I would have had the Background Woodgrain set as that would have been perfect for the boat so instead I just used some Ranger's distressing ink in Corduroy.  The boat is made from kraft cardstock as well as the mast and flag. For the sail I used the Labels Eight nesties die cut from rustic cream cardstock.  I cut a smaller label from the Labels Eight die with some fine linen cardstock, cut it in haft and used the sentiment from the Fall Elegances set stamped in dark chocolate as well as a leaf stamped with versamark ink . I used some antique linen to distress it both pieces.  For a finishing touch, I used some rope to wrap around the sail and mast.  Is this not the cutest, I can't wait to give them to the kids.

3 comments:

  1. Lisa, this is so creative! The kids are going to love it, especially if it's filled with goodies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great project, Lisa. I'm sure the kids will like it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so great!! you're going to have such a gorgeous holiday!!

    ReplyDelete