January 25, 2011

January PTI Blog Hop



This month's challenge is to use a stamp set that has not been used yet or one that has not been used for awhile.  I decided to use the Papertrey stamp set for my project which has not seen ink or the light of day for quite some time..  This was the very first set I purchased from PTI back in 2007.   I have been a fan and follower ever since. 


Hibiscus Burst cardstock was used for the base where I created a background using that cute little flower which was stamped in Fresh Snow ink.  I then wrapped a piece of Spring Moss stitched ribbon around the card.  For the focal image, I used the Mat Stack 3 die on white cardstock and stamped the sentiment in Smokey Shadow.

To create the flower I repurposed the tissue paper that comes in between the sheets of the clear cardstock and die cut several layers using the Beautiful Blooms #2 in the large and medium size.  I attached all the layers using a fabric brad I had in my stash.  The leaves where die cut from the Delightful Dahlia die set on a piece of patterned paper from the Pretty Pastels paper collection.  I also used a Limitless Layers die to cut another piece from the same collection.   I adhered everything together using some Scor tape then used some foam pop dots to adhere to the card base.  To finish everything off I rounded the bottom corners with the Corner Chomper.

I'm excited to see what everyone else will be showcasing today.  Thanks for stopping by and Happy Hopping!

20 comments:

  1. Beautiful colors and a stunning flower- I love how you layered the dies as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool, love how you did that flower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, love your flower. It's so pretty. I always hold off on that flower die, now I might have to get it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really pretty flower, love the gingham center! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet card! Gorgeous 3D flower and cut polka dot leafs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such a cute card! Love your flower!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet and so pretty! A gorgeous springy color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty flower, bright, springlike colors and a touch of gingham. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute, cute, cute! The tissue flowers are so fun to make and yours looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just have to say first off that your flower is just gorgeous!!! Catches your eye immediately! Your card follows suit in the beautiful colors you chose. Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just lovely! I love the flower layered on that mat stack shape!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so pretty! I love your flower and your gingham brad!

    Chris L.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful! The gingham button was the perfect accent!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute, cute card! I love the button in the middle of your tissue flower. And you have highlighted yet another set I have completely forgot about.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so cute! I love the way you used the Mat Stack 3 behind that beautiful flower, and the gingham button is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your tissue flower! Your card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very pretty card! I love the gingham centre on the flower and the subtle background on the card base. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete